News & Events
The MIPO regularly organises events, webinars and workshops. Here, you can find upcoming events including links to more extensive information, and previous events including links to event summaries and reports.
- EuSPRI Summer School on innovation and transition policy (August 2024)
- Presentations/tracks at EuSPRI2024 and IST2024
- June 2023, Brighton: Special session EU-SPRI2023 conference: “Governance and policy processes for transformative research and innovation”
- May 2023, Azores: Workshop on the Smart Specialisation Strategy Summit: “Co-creating (inter)regional missions”
- October 6-7 2022, Utrecht: MIPO-INTRANSIT research workshop ‘Mission-oriented and transformative innovation policy research: what are the next steps?’.
- June 1-3 2022: Eu–SPRI conference on ‘Challenging Science and Innovation Policy’, Utrecht. Various tracks on innovation policy and societal challenges.
- January 20 2022, 15:00 – 16.30, online: Round table debate on ‘Governing industrial transitions’ (with JRC and INTRANSIT) on the TIPc Conference 2020.
- August 25-27 2021: Eu-SPRI PhD Summer School on ‘Advancing Mission-oriented Innovation Policy’ (online). .
- September 17 2021, 09:30 – 12:00, online: Webinar/workshop Governing mission-oriented innovation policies, with OECD. Topic of the workshop was monitoring, evaluation & reflexivity of missions. Read the ‘monitoring, evaluation & reflexivity of missions’ workshop report (open pfd, 239 kB).
- June 9-11 2021: Eu-SPRI Conference track on ‘Systems approaches for understanding and assessing the impact of directionality in challenge-led policy’. Paper presentations and discussion.
- January 29 2021, 09:30 – 12:00, online: Webinar/workshop Governing mission-oriented innovation policies, with OECD. The workshop focused on ‘implementation of mission policy’. .
- January 15 2021, 09:00 – 12.30, online: MIP(O)-TIP(C) seminar on the communalities and differences between mission-oriented innovation policies and transformative innovation policy.
- September 18 2020, 09:30 – 12:00, online: Webinar Governing mission-oriented innovation policies with OECD, on ‘coordination in missions’. .
- August 19 2020, 12:00 – 13:30, ‘Dialogue session’ on the IST2020 Conference, in which scholars of different backgrounds will discuss what roles mission-oriented innovation policies can play in transformative governance and sustainability transitions.
- May 15 2020, 09:30 – 12:00, online: Webinar Governing mission-oriented innovation policies with OECD. On May 15, the MIPO together with the OECD organised an online workshop on the governance of MIPs. In this workshop, which is intended to be the first of a series, participants from various countries were invited to discuss tensions involved in the process of ‘scoping and agenda setting’ when developing a mission. .
- February 20 2020, Utrecht. Workshop Governing mission-oriented innovation policies with ISI Fraunhofer. Aiming to improve our understanding of the potential and challenges of missions, the MIPO and ISI Fraunhofer organised a half-day workshop for a diverse set of academics and policy makers. A combination of presentations and discussions yielded valuable insights and relevant questions, on both the nature of mission-oriented innovation policies as well as practical experiences and tensions encountered when deploying them.